CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Surprise! A new blog. I know, don't die of shock. :)

So, obviously I am extremely bored or have a funny story or both. Right now it is both.

So, my funny story. Ready? O.K. Good. Here it goes.
So... today and yesterday schools were closed (even Monroe Central so you know this had to be bad) and my mom had to work, so it was just me and my siblings. Yay fun?? Umm... no. Claudia, our next door neighbor was over so Tobi was quite occupied play school, or barbie, or whatever the evil twins could think of. Brighton is 13 and prefers to stay in is room (I know! I am lucky) Leaving only Dora... the worst one when it comes to being bored, or anything really. So, before things got out of hand I decided to snip the boredom where it was at. I told her to get her christmas gifts and bring them to my room. She was of course elated and happy for the time being. But after Dora, I also had to help Brighton and Tobi... 'they' wanted to wrap their gifts too. Next I helped Brighton wrap his. He, by the way, attempted to match yellow christmas tags with the pretty baby blue and white wrapping paper I had picked out. Umm... no. Poor child, I am convinced he is color blind. But my funny stories come from Tobi. Tobi was the most hands on. She proceded to tell me that I was wrapping thing wrong and that I should fold this like this, and when I gave her the opportunity, she would show me the 'right way' to wrap gifts. She tried to tell me that I needed to put tape here, and that this color would match better. Silly five year old. But when we got to mommy's gift, I nearly died laughing so hard.

It started like any other present.
"Don't you think mommy will like her gift?!"
And I answered the same way I already had 3 times before.
"Yes, I am sure she will"
Then with total seriousness she looks at me worried, like this was the biggest thing troubling her little 5 year old heart.
"I think she knows what it is though"
Well DUH! Mom always knows what she is getting. She shows us, or wraps it for us or something, so for one reason or another gifts are never a surprise for mom.
"What makes you think that?" *stiffled giggle goes here*
"Well...*worried look* she picked it out for me."
I nearly lost it here. "Oh... *giggle* I am sure *he he he* she will like it" Here is where I ran out of the room. I had to tell mom.

Oh... poor Tobi. She must be so troubled. But this further proves my... er... theory. You see I am the "over achiever" Brighton is the "achiever" Dora is the "genius" and well... that only leaves one spot to fill... dumb as a stump. Just a theory but according to mom and Tobi's teacher it is wrong... still...

Then today, because I had wrapped all the gifts that are under the tree, there was not a gift there for me. I pouted and told Dora to go wrap my gift. She couldn't it was too "oddly shaped". So I pouted for a real long time. Then I went to pout to mom. She had mercy and told Brighton to wrap his gift to me. He put it in a box and I wrapped it. Life is so not fair.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Hi again. Just 4+ months between blog posts... not bad.

Keym said...

Dumb as a stump HAHAHAHAHA
Our nick names growing up were
Elmo
Dummo
and Uth-oh!